Return to Grays Harbor College

High School Equivalency - (GED)

Many people who did not finish high school have the same knowledge and skills as those who did graduate. By taking and passing a series of four tests in Language Arts Writing, Social Studies, Science, Language Arts Reading, and Mathematics, adults can demonstrate they have acquired the same level of knowledge.

Most colleges and employers accept a GED® credential as being equivalent to a high school diploma. Each year more than 14,000 Washington residents earn their GED® credentials.

Grays Harbor College offers low-cost programs to help prepare you to take the High School Equivalency Tests (GED®).

Please Note: The Washington State GED® Certificate can be neither earned nor obtained via the Internet or through correspondence programs. The General Educational Development (GED) Tests, developed by the GED Testing Service of the American Council on Education, require extensive preparation and the demonstration of a high level of high school knowledge and academic skills.

For information about GED preparation classes offered at GHC, please call (360) 538-4167.

High School 21 Plus

Do you have high school credits, work experience, military experience, parenting experience, or other life experience, but no high school diploma or equivalency? High School 21+ program is for you!

The HS21+ program allows you to:

  • Earn your Washington State high school diploma,
  • Open doors for financial aid eligibility, vocational training programs, or degree programs,
  • Only pay $25 per quarter (waivers available),
  • And earn credit for prior learning, work experience, parenting experience, military experience, certifications, and other life experience (foreign education and experience can be considered).

If you are interested, please call 360-538-4167 for more information.


The GHC Testing Center

The GED Tests are administered in Washington State only at Official GED Testing Centers under the direction of the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) and Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI). Any other high school equivalency certificate not issued by the SBCTC and OSPI or another jurisdictional GED testing authority may not be accepted by employers, colleges and universities, or the military.

For information about taking the High School Equivalency Exams, please call the GHC Testing Center at (360) 538-4049.

Request Your Transcript:
All requests for official Washington State GED® transcripts can be submitted through Washington GED® Test Verify. You will be asked to create an account to request your own transcript or to verify your GED® status in Washington. You must have an email address in order to create an account.