Return to GHC!
Site Map | Contact Us | APPLY ONLINE

How to Get Started at GHC...Climb higher!

Basic Skills Courses - If you are interested in enrolling in any of our basic skills programs (ABE, ESL, GED) please call (360) 538-4167 for a registration appointment. Registration is by appointment only.

If you are between the ages lf 16-18, you must bring a completed High School Release form signed by a school official of the district in which you live. You can pick up this form this form at one of the college's education centers or print a copy.

"Running Start" Student Enrollment Process - Please follow the steps outlined on the Running Start Website.

Academic Transfer and Workforce Preparation Courses - Follow the steps below if you are brand new to college or transferring from any previous college(s).

  1. Apply for Admission
    Apply online: Set up Your Web Admissions Account to get started. Processing time for your online application is faster, please apply online if possible.

    You may also download and print a copy of the Admissions Application. You can drop it off at GHC Admission Office, or mail it to: 1620 Edward P Smith Dr, Aberdeen, WA 98520 or Fax to (360) 538-4293.

    Please call the Admissions and Records at (360) 538-4026 for questions.

  2. Apply For Financial Aid
    Applying for financial aid has never been easier. You should apply as soon as possible. All students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This application establishes your level of eligibility for federal and state grants, loans and work-study programs. For more information, please visit or call the GHC Financial Aid Office at (360) 538-4081.

  3. Take the College Placement Test (CPT)
    This is an admission requirement. The CPT helps evaluate your skill level so that you can start with the classes you need to be successful. Call (360) 538-4099 to find out the drop-in testing schedule or access the information online at the Student Support Center. This is not necessary if you have completed college level Math and English classes (or higher) at another college.

  4. Sign up for Entry Advising and Registration
    Call the Student Support Center at (360) 538-4099 to make an appointment for entry advising, orientation, and registration.

  5. Pay for College after Registration
    Tuition and fees are due before classes start each quarter. The specific tuition due date is posted each quarter at the Business Office. You can pay your tuition and fees online, over the phone by calling (360) 538-4040, or in person at the Cashier’s Office on the 3rd floor of the 2000 Building (MIB).


Additional Important Information

  • Required new student orientation.  If you are new to college you will need to attend the student orientation program offered prior to your first quarter. Call the Student Success Office at 360-538-4181 for more details.

  • College Transcript – If you want to use any credits from another college for a GHC degree you will need to have an official copy of your transcript sent to the GHC Admissions Office.



Office Hours

Regular Office Hours:

7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. During 1st 4 days of Fall, Winter & Spring Quarters

Summer Office Hours:

7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
Closed Fridays


Contact Us

Do not hesitate to contact us if we can answer any of your questions personally.
You can reach us at 360-532-9020 or 1-800-562-4830 (Washington State Only) or at


return to previous page



Grays Harbor College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.

Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.

Accreditation by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.

Inquiries regarding an institution’s accredited status by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue N.E., Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
(425) 558-4224


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records.  They are:  (1) The right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days of the day the College receives a request for access.  Students should submit to the registrar written requests that identify the record(s) they wish to inspect.  The College official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected.  If the records are not maintained by the College official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.  (2) The right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the student believes are inaccurate or misleading.  Students may ask the College to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading.  They should write the College officials responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record they want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading.  If the College decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the College will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of his or her right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment.  Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.  (3) The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in the student's education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent.  One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests.  A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, or collection agent); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.  A school official has a legitimate educational interest if the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility.  (4) The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by Grays Harbor College to comply with the requirements of FERPA.  The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA are:

Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC   20202-4605


Grays Harbor College complies with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 concerning the information, which becomes a part of a student's permanent educational record and governing the conditions of its disclosure.  Procedural guidelines governing compliance with this statute have been developed and are available through the Office of Admissions and Records.  The following directory data is considered public information and will routinely be given in response to requests:  student's name, address, gender, date of birth, major field of study, extracurricular activities, height and weight of athletic team members, dates of attendance, degrees, scholarships and awards received, other institutions attended, and veteran status.  Any student wishing to have such information withheld when inquiries are received must notify the Office of Admissions and Records in writing.

Return to GHC!
Admissions and Records Office
1620 Edward P. Smith Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520

(360) 538-4026
or toll-free (in WA state) (800) 562-4830
Fax: (360) 538-4299

Community Education Centers

Riverview Education Center, Raymond: 360-538-4023, Fax: 360-875-9467
Columbia Education Center, Ilwaco: 360-538-2539, Fax: 360-642-9434
Whiteside Continuing Education Center, Aberdeen: 360-538-4088, Fax: 360-533-9779

  Web site index


Add GHC as a friend on Facebook Follow GHC on Twitter   
Follow GHC on Facebook or Twitter  

Programs We Offer
Academic Transfer
Workforce Prep
Basic Skills (ABE/ESL/GED)
Continuing Education
Support Services
Spellman Library
The Bookstore
The Learning Center
Veterans Resources

Student Activities
Calendar of Events
Performing Arts
Clubs & Organizations
Student Leadership
Community Resources
Performing Arts
Employment Opportunities
Driving Directions
Campus Map
About the Area
About GHC
Contact Information
Staff Directory
Faculty Office Hours
Offices and Departments
Executive Team
GHC Facilities
Fax Numbers

"" About Us | Site Map | Privacy Notice | Equal Opportunity Policy | ©2014 Grays Harbor College