The Grays Harbor College Business Institute offers small business, entrepreneurship, and workplace skills enhancement courses and support through online and face-to-face courses, certificate and degree programs, resource centers, access to certified business advisors and customized training options.
Small Business Resource Centers:
- Riverview Education Center, 360-875-9466
600 Washington Ave., Raymond, WA 98577
- Columbia Education Center, 360-642-9433
208 Advent Ave., SE, Ilwaco, WA 98624
- Whiteside Continuing Education Center, 360-533-9733
418 E. First St., Aberdeen, WA 98520
The WSU, Small Business Development Center will continue to be located at the Aberdeen Main Campus. Erik Stewart, Certified Business Advisor, will be available by appointment at all four locations.
Business Certificates and Degrees:
College Credit Courses, leading to Certificates and Degrees are also available through the Business Institute.
Programs include: Bookkeeping, Accounting, Applied Science, Entrepreneurship, Small Business Skills, Business Management, Software Applications, Office Professional, Microsoft Office Applications,
Formatting/Publishing Business Documents, Business Technology, Business Management, & Early Childhood Education.
Visit Workforce Education for full program listings.
Grays Harbor College is ready to help – let us develop a customized training plan to meet your business needs.
Winter Non-credit Classes:
- Grant Writing
- Flagger Certification
- Computer Basics Series
Visit Continuing Education for details and enrollment information.
Online Non-credit Classes:
- Business and Marketing Writing
- Business Finance for Non-Finance Personnel
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Distribution and Logistics Management
- Effective Business Writing
- Effective Selling
- Fundamentals of Supervision & Management
- Fundamentals of Technical Writing
- Help for the Helpdesk
- High Speed Project Management
- HIPAA Compliance
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- Managing Customer Service
- Manufacturing Applications, Fundamentals
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet
- Mastery of Business Fundamentals
- Performing Payroll in QuickBooks ‘10, ‘11, ‘12
- Professional Sales Skills
- Project Management Applications, Fundamentals
- Purchasing Fundamentals
- QuickBooks ‘10, ‘11, ‘12 for Contractors
- Six Sigma: Total Quality Applications, Fundamentals
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Start & Operate Your Own Home-Based Business
- Start Your Own Arts and Crafts Business
- Start Your Own Consulting Practice
- Start Your Own Small Business
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Understanding the Human Resources Function
- Workers' Compensation
Online courses open monthly, cost only $95, run 6 weeks, and certificates are available upon completion. Click here for details and enrollment information.