Meet the L.C. Staff
Return to LC Home
Each quarter the GHC Learning Center sponsors a day of short workshops designed to help GHC students succeed.
For the 2014-2015 school year, Student Success Conferences are scheduled for October 15, January 28, and May 6. All workshops are free and no registration is necessary.
Click HERE for a sample Workshop Schedule. A schedule for the upcoming conference will be coming soon.
Students are encouraged to attend workshops before, after, or between their classes.
Learning Center Coordinator
Wednesday, May 2, 2012
A huge thank you to everyone to helped with the Student Success Conference! Whether you assisted by presenting, advertising, encouraging attendance, or setting up, you helped 293 students get information to lead them toward success! Here are a few comments from student evaluations:
- Very good class. Very beneficial. Well worth the time.
- A great conference covering many things. Great way to spend time on adding knowledge. Thank you!
- Great info helping me get organized.
- Good use of time. Given a lot of information.
- Excellent information, easy to understand and relates to my current class.
- Made me think. Ignorance is bliss. Once we have knowledge we are required to do something with it! Thank you J
- I would come back for sure – I found it enlightening in many areas.
- I was very happy.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
We had a very successful Student Success Conference with 315 students attending workshops today! Here are a few comments from student evaluations:
- “Workshop was informative and fun!”
- “Information was very helpful!”
- “Definitely more motivated to get involved”
- “Learned a lot of things that I will use in my education, also very entertaining and enjoyable”
- “Learned about taking responsibility for yourself”
- “I thought the information provided was very useful for college course assignments”
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
We had another great turnout: 287 attendees! Here are a few comments from student evaluations:
- “This was an awesome workshop! So many things I didn’t know. Super helpful!”
- “Great information, easy to understand.”
- “TONS OF INFO”
- “I enjoyed the conference – I appreciate everyone that was involved”
- “This will help me next term”
- “He covered all my questions and concerns”
- “I FINALLY understand how to use the washboard.org. This presentation was a life saver”
- “I learned tons and am no longer as stressed about by research paper. ”
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
We had a great turnout: 295 attendees! Here are a few comments from student evaluations:
- “wish I had more time to attend more sessions”
- “this is really great. There should be a specific day so everyone can attend.”
- “cool ideas for remembering things… study ideas were awesome… good tips on being organized”
- “learned so much in a little amount of time”
…and overheard in the hall, “That was WAY better than I thought it was going to be!”
1620 Edward P. Smith Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Attn. Learning Center
or toll-free (in WA state) 1-(800) 562-4830
Fax: (360) 538-4299
Riverview Education Center, Raymond: (360) 875-9466
Columbia Education Center: (360) 642-9433
Whiteside Education Center, Aberdeen: (360) 533-9733