Meet the L.C. Staff
Return to LC Home
Tutors are located in the GHC Learning Center
Services are FREE to students
Schedule ongoing, one-on-one appointments with a peer tutor who has been recommended by his or her instructor.
Tutors will help students learn and understand course materials and improve study skills.
The first step to requesting individual tutoring is to schedule an assessment appointment with the Learning Center Coordinator.
Contact LCC @ (360) 538-4060 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Preparing for a tutoring session
In order to get the most from your time with a tutor, there are some things you should do to prepare.
- Attend class
- Take good notes
- Start on assigned work prior to tutoring
- Bring class materials (textbook, class notes, etc.) with you to tutoring
- Be prepared to discuss the following with your tutor
- What has been covered in class and the work you have done
- What do you understand
- What are you having difficulty with
- How the tutor can best help you this session
Please do not plan to have a tutor sit with you while you do your homework. This is not tutoring. If you aren't having difficulty with any material, your tutor can help you review previous material and/or preview what's coming up.
1620 Edward P. Smith Drive
Aberdeen, WA 98520
Attn. Learning Center
or toll-free (in WA state) 1-(800) 562-4830
Fax: (360) 538-4299
Riverview Education Center, Raymond: (360) 875-9466
Columbia Education Center: (360) 642-9433
Whiteside Education Center, Aberdeen: (360) 533-9733