Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Registration PIN?
- What is a Global PIN?
- What is an Entry Code and when do I need one?
- When can I Web Register?
- When can't I register for classes over the Web?
- What are the hours of operation for Web Registration?
- Is there a maximum number of credits I can register for?
- Can I register from a computer off campus?
- What can I do if I'm having trouble using a computer off-campus to register?
- Who can I call for help?
- What does the "Waitlist" screen mean?
- What does the "Bad Address" screen mean?
- What does it mean if I get a screen that says I am blocked from registering?
- How do I print my schedule after registering?
What is a Registration PIN?
A registration PIN, is a six (6) digit number. Students who have completed 23 credits or less (this means graded and on your GHC transcript) will need to see their advisor before they can register. The advisor will give the student the number. Your registration PIN will change every quarter until you transition.
What is a Global PIN?
The Admissions and Records Office will send to you a four- to six-digit Global PIN once you become an official student. This PIN provides you access to all of your official, personal information while a student at GHC (i.e. your grades, financial aid info, degree audit, etc) Your global PIN remains the same unless you change. Students who have completed 24 or more credits (this means graded and on your GHC transcript) will use their global PIN to register.
What is an Entry Code and when do I need one?
An Entry Code is a special number needed to register for a class on the Web, (or at the Admissions and Records Office) if:
1. You do not meet the prerequisites listed for a class
2. The prerequisite listed in "Instructor Permission"
The instructor of the course issues entry codes. Once you have used an entry code for a class, you cannot reuse it for another class.
- You have an unpaid parking ticket
- You have an unpaid fine
- You have an outstanding loan due
- You owe GHC any other money
- You have not received your Registration PIN from your advisor
- You have moved and not officially reported your new address to the Admissions and Records Office. (you will see a "Bad Address" screen on the computer and you must register at the A&R Office)
Is there a maximum number of credits I can register for?
Yes, students may register for up to 20 credits per quarter. To register for more than 20 credits you must receive approval from the Vice President for Instruction and then register at the Admissions and Records Office.
Can I register from a computer off campus?
Yes you can register on a computer off-campus. To do so, be sure you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. Also be sure you are trying to register during the appropriate times and during the days web registration is operational.
- Are you using Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher for a browser?
- Are you trying to register after 9:00 pm on a weekday? The system is not available after that time.
- Are you using your Registration PIN provided to you by your advisor?
- Do you owe the college money? You will unable to register for classes until all debts are paid in full.
If you continue to experience trouble, computers are available for registration in open access computer labs and in the library.
What does the "Waitlist" screen mean?
If a screen appears that asks you if you want to be put on the waitlist for a class, it means that particular class is full. If you enter yes to the waitlist question your name will be added to a list of others who are waiting to get into the class. If an enrolled student drops the class then the first person on the waitlist will be automatically added to the class. You can continue to check your student schedule through the information KIOSK on the web to see if you have been added to the class.
What does the "Bad Address" screen mean?
If a screen appears while attempting to register that indicates you have a "Bad Address" it means that the college has attempted to send you mail at the address on file with the college and it has been returned. It is important for Grays Harbor College to have correct information on students so your web registration is blocked in order to obtain your current address. To resolve the problem you must register for classes at the Admissions and Records Office in the HUB.
What does it mean if I get a screen that says I am blocked from registering?
If you enter your PIN and then see a screen that notifies you are blocked from registering, it means you owe the college some money. You may have unpaid parking tickets, unpaid fines or loans, or you may have some other financial obligation to the college. All must be paid before you can web register or before you can register at the Admissions and Records Office.
How do I print my schedule after registering?
Click on "View My Schedule" on the left hand side of the screen. When your schedule appears, click on your schedule with the cursor and then click on print.