Return to Grays Harbor College

Changing Your Major or Advisor

Many students change majors after starting college, sometimes more than once. It is important that your correct major be identified in your records and for you to have an advisor appropriate to your career choice.

Changing your major or advisor is a simple process. Print out the Change Form, fill it out, sign and return it to the Admissions and Record Office in the HUB.

If your major change also means you need a new advisor, take the form to the instructor you would like to have as your new advisor. If the instructor says yes, they will sign it and then you return it to the Admissions and Records Office.

If you would like to have a new advisor assigned to you, visit the Student Support Center in the HUB or call 360-538-4099 to ask for help.