Occupational Therapy

Occupational therapists provide services to people whose daily lives have been challenged due to illness, injury, or age.  They help these people reduce or overcome their disabilities so they can function more independently.   Occupational therapists work in schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers.

Occupational therapists must graduate from an accredited professional program and must be licensed by the state in which they wish to practice.  Three universities in Washington state offer masters degrees in occupational therapy.  Admission to these programs is highly competitive and requires a bachelor’s degree that includes specific course requirements.  Students can complete the first two years of required courses by earning an Associate of Arts degree at GHC.

Students should make contact with their intended professional program during their time at GHC, because admission requirements vary and often change. An academic advisor will help each student select GHC courses that will meet GHC degree requirements and the admission requirements of the professional program.

Transfer Schools