Prerequisites (Prior to 2019)
Admission into the BAS-TE program is merit based. Meeting the minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of enrollment spaces. In order to be placed into the admissions pool, applicants must complete and submit the following:
- All BAS-TE application materials
- Transcripts showing evidence of an earned associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7, or an Initial Early Childhood Certificate, employment in the education field, and completion of year two coursework with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7.
Applicants must have a grade of 2.0 or higher in the following courses prior to program start. Prerequisite courses include*:
- ENGL& 101
- ENGL& 102 OR 235
- MATH& 131/132 OR 107, 111, 141, OR 146
- A minimum of 45 credits of the degree required courses (below)
Degree Required Courses
Degree required courses are not a prerequisite to the program; they are a requirement for earning your bachelor’s degree. Some degree required courses may be prerequisites to upper division courses. Students are encouraged to complete these courses in their associate’s degree if possible. Courses must be completed with a grade of at least 2.0.
- ENGL 233, 208, 209, 244, OR 252
- PSYC& 100 OR SOC& 101
- POLS& 202
- EDUC 201/202 OR 1-YEAR FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT FIELD EXPERIENCE
- SPCH 101
- MUSIC 100, 105, OR 131
- WESTERN CIVILIZATION OR US HISTORY
- ECON& 202
- ART& 100, 101, 104, OR 251
- LAB SCIENCE
- EARTH 102
- ENVS& 100
*Course substitutions must be approved by the Office of Instruction.