Drive-Thru Graduation Celebration
Given that this year’s graduation ceremony will be virtual, we felt it was important to still provide an opportunity for students to experience some of the high energy celebrations that are a part of a typical graduation. To achieve this, we will be hosting a Drive-Thru Graduation Celebration for all of our graduates.
The Drive-Thru Graduation Celebration will take place on June 25, 2021 from noon to 4pm on the Aberdeen campus.
The details for the celebration are as followed:
- We ask that in addition to applying to graduate, student should sign up for a time slot for participating in the Drive-Thru Graduation Celebration. You can sign up using the following form.
- We ask that graduates come to campus as close to the time they select as possible.
- On the day of the celebration, graduates will drive through campus following a defined route. Through the route graduates will receive their swag packs, a special treat, and the opportunity to take a graduation photo.
- One car per graduate will be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Additional family members can join the graduate in the car, but will not be permitted to leave their car while on campus. Cars/trucks should not have over the legal limit of passengers in the vehicle or in the bed of a truck. Cars in violation of this will not be permitted to participate in the celebration.
- Graduates will be able to have their graduation photo taken as part of the drive-thru celebration. Students wanting to have their photo taken should come to the celebration ready for their photo. Photos will be taken in front of the Bishop Center for the Performing Arts and photos will be available for download for free. Graduates will be notified via email once photos are available for download.
- Graduates will be the only individuals able to leave their vehicles and only to have their graduation photo taken.
- All members in the vehicle are asked to please wear masks while on campus to keep faculty and staff supporting the event safe. All staff members assisting students in picking up their swag, special treats, and assisting with photos will wear masks.
- Students who are not able to attend the celebration can contact email@example.com for limited additional pick up options
Need to request accommodations?
To request accommodations, please contact Rhonda Riggs, Associate Director of AccessAbility Services, at 360-538-4099 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 11, 2021. Requests made after this date may impact the College's ability to effectively provide reasonable accommodation.