Support the work of the E-Learning Coordinator, which may include:
- Assist students and staff with accessing and using campus technology
- Review, revise, and create technology training resources (e.g., documents, webpages, videos, flyers)
- Assist/present at workshops for students and staff
- Collect student feedback on ways to improve online/hybrid learning at GHC
- Moderate online social spaces (e.g. chat rooms) for GHC students
- Caption videos
- Promote online and hybrid courses at college outreach events
- Assist with basic administrative tasks (e.g., preparing college-wide announcements)
- Provide coverage in the absence of the E-Learning Coordinator
- Know and exercise confidentiality protocols and maintain confidentiality completely
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Assist the E-Learning Coordinator with routine tasks such as responding to help requests from students and staff, assist in developing training materials and presentations for students and staff, and other initiatives of the E-Learning Office.
- The student in this position will need to be prepared to learn many new technology skills as well as skills in serving a higher education campus.
- General understanding of computer software and hardware
- Working knowledge of Canvas, Email, the Internet, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability for giving instructions in both written and verbal communication
- Willingness to assist students and staff with computer issues.
- Applicant should be professional, reliable and punctual with good customer service/communication skills, and a helpful attitude.
- Approximately 10 hours per week (2 hours per day unless otherwise arranged)
How to Apply
1. Complete the Workstudy Job Application form
2. If eligible, you will receive instructions on what to do next.