eLearning Computer Requirements
This is a list of basic computer system requirements to use Canvas. It is always recommended to use the most up-to-date versions and better connections. Canvas will still run with the minimum specifications, but you may experience slower loading times.
Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 1024x600, which is the average size of a notebook computer.If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Macintosh: VoiceOver (latest version for Safari)
- PC: JAWS (latest version for Internet Explorer 10 &11)
- PC: NVDA (latest version for Firefox)
- There is no screen reader support for Canvas in Chrome