eLearning Faculty Information
The following information is for faculty members that are using Canvas to teach online classes.
Canvas Weekly Tips
Please see eLearning's YouTube channel for weekly Canvas tips and tricks.
- Canvas tour part 1 (for faculty): Learn the basics of navigating Canvas at GHC.
- Canvas tour part 2 (for both students and faculty): Learn how to set up your profile and change notification settings.
Canvas - Basics
- How do I make an Announcement?
- How do I use the Syllabus tool?
- How do I create an Assignment?
- How do I use the Calendar?
- How do I create a Discusssion?
- How do I use the File Manager?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I create a Module?
- How do I create a New Page?
- How do I create a Quiz?
Canvas - Special Tools and Tricks
The Undelete Trick. One simple trick to retrieve deleted items form your course.
Blackboard collaborate overview and set up. Bb Collaborate is a web conferencing tool used to host, record, and even archive class sessions. It’s fairly powerful, can accommodate your entire class at once and allows audio, video, text chat, and whiteboard.
Watch this video of Christie Fierro explaining some of the benefits of using Canvas Commons.This new tool shows up on your global navigation bar beside Calendar. Commons is a brand new way of sharing learning objects with either your faculty peers at Grays Harbor College or all faculty across the Canvas universe.