Synchronous Support (Live feedback via drop-in or appointment)
The Writing Center’s Zoom Lobby is open the following hours:
Mondays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Tuesdays, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursdays, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Sundays, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. (appointment only)
You can drop in and speak with a tutor with or without an appointment. If you’d like to reserve an appointment in advance for guaranteed one-on-one time, click here to reserve an appointment.
The Writing Center will remain open through Thursday, December 10th.
The Writing Center will be closed on all holidays, including Thanksgiving (Nov. 26).
Asynchronous Support (Upload a draft and have feedback sent to you)
For times when the Writing Center is not open, you can upload a draft to the eTutoring Online Writing Lab, which is staffed in part by GHC tutors. An estimated turnaround time is provided on the site. You will receive feedback electronically; be sure to provide as much information about the assignment as possible to get the best feedback possible. GHC students can access eTutoring for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Writing Center’s purpose is to support all GHC students as they increase their awareness, practice skills, and develop confidence and independence with regards to effective writing, reading, and revising in academic and professional contexts.
- We provide one-to-one tutorials, tailored to each student, for all academic and professional writing projects.
- We cultivate students’ self-reflection, ownership in their writing, and attention to writing processes.
- We supply and develop resources—including printed examples, guides, and instructional handouts—to aid in students’ growth as writers.
- We develop services that complement course instruction, including writing lab classes and group tutorials to support students’ work in writing-intensive classes.
Free Internet Resources
Students may find the following resources useful:
- Grays Harbor College students can get a free copy of Microsoft Office 365, which includes Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- The Purdue OWL (Purdue Online Writing Lab) is one of the most popular writing resources online, and it's free.
Questions? Contact us at 360-538-4032.