Located on the first floor of the Academic Support Center (Library Building), Room 1515.
What is the Writing Center used for, and when is it open?
- Students can meet with tutors for one-on-one, individualized consultations for all academic and professional writing projects.
- Appointments are available five days a week. Drop-in sessions may also be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students can pick up copies of our printed handouts, style guides, and writing samples.
Our Hours Are:
- Monday, 10:10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10:10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
We also have a satellite center in the Library, located next to the Reference Desk that is open Tuesday and Thursdays from 10:10 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
The Writing Center will be open regular hours during Final Exams period.
Ask questions, chat live with tutors, upload writing assignments, and more. GHC students can access eTutoring for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Access eTutoring at www.ghc.edu/etutoring.
The Writing Center’s purpose is to support all GHC students as they increase their awareness, practice skills, and develop confidence and independence with regards to effective writing, reading, and revising in academic and professional contexts.
- We provide one-to-one tutorials, tailored to each student, for all academic and professional writing projects.
- We cultivate students’ self-reflection, ownership in their writing, and attention to writing processes.
- We supply and develop resources—including printed examples, guides, and instructional handouts—to aid in students’ growth as writers.
- We develop services that complement course instruction, including writing lab classes and group tutorials to support students’ work in writing-intensive classes.
Free Internet Resources
Students may find the following resources useful:
- Grays Harbor College students can get a free copy of Microsoft Office 365, which includes Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- The Purdue OWL (Purdue Online Writing Lab) is one of the most popular writing resources online, and it's free.
Questions? Contact us at 360-538-4032.