The Grays Harbor College Foundation offers two General Scholarship cycles per year to students attending GHC. The Summer Cycle awards are to be utilized in the current academic year and the Spring Cycle awards are to be utilized in the following academic year. Students who meet eligibility requirements can receive up to $5,000 in scholarship awards per academic year.
|Scholarship Cycle||Opens||Closes at 3:00 PM||Scholarships Applied to|
Current Academic Year
Following Academic Year
What Will I Need?
- Two letters of reference with original signatures.
- Letters of reference cannot be from friends, family or classmates
- One copy of your most recent unofficial transcript.
- Recent high school graduates are to request transcripts from their former high school – do not delay in making this request from your school as it may take time for them to process
- Current GHC college students can request their transcripts here.
- An essay addressing the following questions:
- What is your career path and why did you choose it?
- Explain how your educational pursuits at GHC align with your career path.
- What are your plans after graduating?
- Why do you feel you are worthy of receiving a scholarship?
- To be eligible for need-based scholarships, you MUST provide your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) that comes from your FASFA or WASFA. You must also confirm on the application that your FASFA or WASFA has been submitted to Grays Harbor College. Note: not all scholarships are defined as need-based.
How do I Apply for a Scholarship?
By clicking the link below and entering the application, you understand and agree with all terms and conditions stated below and within the application.
- Applicants will be considered for all scholarships they are eligible for, providing a valid application has been submitted and all required materials are included and properly uploaded.
- The availability of scholarships may change throughout the application process, based on funding, donor directives and other factors. This means that a scholarship you appear to be eligible for may no longer be available.
- Applications MUST be completed by the applicant. Students are expected to complete the application and not parents, teachers or counselors. If you need assistance completing your application, please contact the Foundation at 360-538-4024. By submitting an online scholarship application, you certify that all information you have provided is true and complete to the best of your knowledge.
- You authorize the release of provided information and other necessary financial and academic information to the GHC Foundation, individual donors and selection committees.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled at Grays Harbor College. Students enrolled in Running Start or the Transition Programs are not eligible to receive Foundation scholarships.
- Recipients will be expected to attend the Recipient and Donor Recognition Ceremony to meet and thank the donors who provide scholarship opportunities.
- The GHC Foundation offers a wide selection of scholarships. Some scholarships have donor specific criteria ranging from gender to program of study. If asked to provide information about your race, gender, if you or a family member have a disability, or if you are a dislocated worker that you do not wish to disclose, there will be an option for you to indicate this. However, choosing this option removes you from consideration for those scholarships that require this additional information.
- Applicants must answer all questions truthfully. Applicants will be disqualified if they misrepresent themselves or provide any false information.
How Will I Be Notified?
Applicants will be notified by email. Please monitor the email account in which you used to apply for scholarships. No information will be given over the phone prior to emails being sent out.