What You Need To Know About Your Award
As a recipient of financial aid funding you are responsible to know the following information:
The award of funds on your Award Notification is based on the completion of the Registration process. This includes:
- Completing the placement test for proper determination of Math, Reading, and English skills; and,
- Registering for classes that are required for your eligible degree or certificate program.
Not all classes taught at Grays Harbor College are college level. GED, Adult Basic Ed and courses numbered less than 100 are not college level, and therefore do not qualify for financial aid. However, Math, English or Reading courses you must take as a result of your placement test scores do qualify as eligible courses for financial aid funding.
Your Award Notification
Check for errors in your name, address or any other information. When you use the aid you have been awarded, you certify that you agree to and understand all conditions of the award.
You have the right to reject any or all programs awarded to you. You must notify the Financial Aid Office in writing of any programs you wish to reject.
Review the information under Financial Aid Programs to make sure you understand the requirements of each program offered.
Understand all of your responsibilities, including the following:
- Your financial aid award will be based on full-time enrollment (12 or more credits each quarter) unless we have notified you otherwise. If you decide to take fewer than 12 credits during a quarter, you must notify our office, in writing, before the beginning of the quarter so we can adjust your award.
- Report any address and phone number changes to our office.
- Keep the copy of your Award Notification for your records, as well as any revisions we may send you.