Business Technology Program Outcomes
MISSION: The mission of the Business Technology program is to prepare students for employment as receptionists and administrative assistants. The curriculum is designed to combine concepts, technology, and application software to provide the necessary skills for students to be successful in a modern office setting.
Upon successful completion of the Associates of Applied Science Degree in Business Technology, students will:
- Possess the skills needed to secure entry-level employment in a variety of office support positions including resume preparation and interviewing skills.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge to perform general office skill proficiently, including customer service, answering phone, email, and filing.
- Achieve industry-level proficiencies in keyboarding and the Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate orally and in writing at a level necessary for successful employment in the office support field.
- Practice professional work habits including confidentiality and business ethics.