Grays Harbor College is approved for the education and training of veterans, the children and spouses of deceased or 100% disabled veterans, and eligible members of the selected reserves.
Am I Eligible?
Veterans attending GHC who receive Veterans Administration benefits must meet three minimum standard requirements in addition to those required by the college. To find out if you meet the eligibility criteria, see the Eligibility page.
- Apply to Grays Harbor College.
- Select a program of study (a requirement for VA benefits).
- Have your official college transcripts sent from all other accredited institutions.
- Only students who have received a letter of admission may register.
- Academic advisors and counselors will assist in planning a class schedule.
- Only those courses within your program of study are eligible to count towards veterans’ benefits.
- The VA requires veterans receiving benefits to attend all scheduled class meetings. Failure to do so can result in the loss of benefits and repayment of benefits already received for the quarter in question.
- The first check should arrive 6 to 8 weeks after the first day of classes, or later if the veteran should apply for certification after classes begin.
- Information about qualifying pay rates and payment dates is available only through direct contact between the student and Department of Veterans Affairs. Call 1-888-442-4551.
To request to use Veterans Education Benefits at GHC, please complete the “request certification” form. GHC will not certify your enrollment with the VA until you have requested certification.