How to Apply for Running Start
Consulting your high school counselor is an important part of understanding your participation in Running Start.
- Apply for admission to Grays Harbor College.
- Take a Placement Test.
Please Note: A student who has taken the Smarter Balanced test at high school and received a level 3 or 4 on ELA (or ELA and math) can bring a copy of the results page to the registration appointment to use for placement.
- Discuss the results of your test with the Running Start Coordinator and receive registration paperwork and test results.
- Take the test results to your high school counselor to inquire what high school credits are needed for graduation and discuss classes that may be equivalents at GHC.
- To register for classes make an appointment with the Running Start Coordinator by calling 360.538.4099
- Gather signatures from your high school and guardian on the Verification Form and bring it back to GHC for final signatures. The Verification Form is your tuition payment.
- Pay Fees and pick up books before classes begin.
- Complete New Student Orientation online and attend Running Start Orientation at GHC (fall only).