How to Apply for Running Start
Consulting your high school counselor is an important part of understanding your participation in Running Start.
- Apply for admission to Grays Harbor College.
- Determine Placement
A student can use one or more of the following for placement:
- HS transcript showing a grade of “B” or better in English (all HS years prior to entering RS) and a “B” or better in Algebra II or Advanced Algebra
- Accuplacer college placement testing administered by GHC (Required)
- Smarter Balanced scores of Level 3 or 4 in ELA and math qualify a student for college placement.
- Discuss placement with the Running Start Coordinator and received registration paperwork.
- Meet with your high school counselor to inquire what high school credits are needed for graduation and discuss classes that may be equivalents at GHC.
- To register for classes make an appointment with the Running Start Coordinator by calling 360.538.4248
- Gather signatures from your high school and guardian on the Verification Form and bring it back to GHC for final signatures. The Verification Form is your tuition payment.
- Pay Fees and pick up books before classes begin.
- Complete New Student Orientation online and attend Running Start Orientation at GHC (fall only).