2020: Updates, Resources, and Information
Get Virtual Assistance
Virtual assistance for many student services is now being offered through Zoom virtual lobbies.
Instructions for students, employees, and guests planning a visit to campus or for on campus classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions about the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Grays Harbor College.
Welcome to Winter Quarter 2021 at Grays Harbor College.
We are operating differently due to COVID-19, but our students are still our top priority!
Grays Harbor College is serving students and community members remotely by offering a full spectrum of classes and support services online. While the College remains largely remote, many campus services can be accessed through Zoom virtual lobbies. Please visit the Virtual Assistance page to connect with a department. For information about course offerings, please visit the Quarterly Class Schedule.
Students - Please be sure to check your Grays Harbor College email and Canvas regularly for additional updates from your instructors and departments on campus.
Wireless in Schermer Parking Lot!
GHC is providing free wireless internet access in parking lot H of the Schermer (4000) Building on our Aberdeen Campus (view a map). The wi-fi will be available from 6 am to 10 pm each day for current GHC students and is intended for those who are unable to utilize a hotspot or other internet connection from home. If you choose to utilize this option for a wi-fi connection, here’s what you need to know.
- Parking: You must be parked in parking lot H behind the Schermer (4000) Building. (refer to map).
- Login: Open the Settings on your device; Login using your student email and password.
- Stay in Your Car, Stay Healthy: If you are on campus using wi-fi, we ask that you remain in your car. Congregating outside of vehicles will be seen as a violation of the "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order.
- No Restrooms: Make arrangements for restroom needs at an off-campus facility.
- Come Charged: Please make sure you charge your device before you come to campus, as we will not have a place for you to plug devices in.
- Have an Emergency? If you have an emergency, you should call 911.
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 360-538-4064.
Have a terrific spring quarter!
From all of us at Grays Harbor College
GHC Students Can Now Access A “Study Space” on Aberdeen Campus
On behalf of the Associated Student of Grays Harbor College (ASGHC), we are excited to announce that we will be opening a new resource for students! Beginning Monday, October 5th, we will be opening the 1st floor of the Schermer (4000) building for students to use for studying.
The “Study Space” will be available from 10am – 4pm Monday thru Friday. We will be offering the following resources in the space:
- Access to campus WIFI (please bring your own laptop as we will not have computer stations available)
- Access to print items related to course work
- In-person Student Assistance Team (STAT) support for technology needs
- Access to the Harbor Landing Food Bank Snack Cabinet Program
In order to use the space, all students must abide by the following expectations:
- You will enter the building on the second floor entrance (closest to the parking lot and gym)
- You must check-in when entering the building and abide by the campus COVID response protocols
- You must wear a mask at all times when inside the building (no exceptions)
- You may only eat food in the designated area
- You may not enter any other areas of the building unless you are attending a pre-scheduled class or meeting
Chromebooks for Student Checkout
Grays Harbor College is making a limited number of Chromebook laptop computers available for checkout to students for remote learning, using Canvas and Zoom. Eligible students may use the computers and return them at the end of the quarter to the library. Due to an extension of the Stay Home, Stay Healthy order, we ask students that need a Chromebook fill out a request form. When a Chromebook becomes available, the library will reach out to schedule a time for verification and checkout.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be registered for and taking for-credit classes spring quarter. Not-for-credit continuing education classes are not eligible;
- Must be able to demonstrate proof of Fall registration and bring a picture ID (drivers license, student ID, etc.);
- And, have access to internet service or able to travel to a wifi hotspot.
Student Emergency Financial Assistance Program
Grays Harbor College offers emergency financial assistance to students who experience a financial emergency or who have unanticipated expenses, causing financial hardship. Emergency assistance is available for expenses which fall outside of the typical student budget, including those related to COVID-19, which may hinder the student’s academic progress. Costs must be for the current academic year while enrolled and actively attending Grays Harbor College. Any costs for a previous or future academic year will not be considered. Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis.