Who Qualifies for Running Start
- High School Juniors and Seniors under the age of 21.
- They pass the College Placement Test at college level in two areas including Reading ex: (Reading and Sentence skills) or (Reading and Math).
- Home schooled students must enroll at a high school to participate in Running Start, they do not have to attend, but may if they want a diploma from the high school.
- New juniors are eligible for 6 consecutive quarters (Fall quarter start) summers are not included.
- New seniors are eligible for 3 consecutive quarters. (Fall quarter start).
- Students who start mid-year are eligible for the remaining quarters only.
- Students who have a GED are still eligible.