Associate in Nursing (DTA/MRP)

Grays Harbor College offers an Associate in Nursing (DTA/MRP) which qualifies the graduate to take the licensure exam for registered nursing (NCLEX-RN). In addition, this degree also enables the student to complete a BSN in one academic year at any accepting university in Washington State.

Registered nurses work in a variety of health care settings including hospitals, nursing homes, community and home health agencies, schools, and offices. A license is required to practice professional nursing. Applicants for licensure in Washington State must be graduates of a school of nursing approved by the Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission, an agency of the Department of Health.

More Information on the Nursing Program at GHC

Degree Outcomes

  • Communicate effectively
  • Demonstrate critical thinking
  • Demonstrate information literacy
  • Demonstrate quantitative literacy
  • Demonstrate personal responsibility
  • Demonstrate social responsibility
  • Demonstrate preparation for upper division study

Schools Accepting the RN-BSN DTA/MRP

Public Four-Year/Research

  • University of Washington
  • Washington State University

Public-Four Year/Comprehensive

  • Western Washington University

Independent/Private Four-Year

  • Saint Martin's University
  • WGU Washington

Community and Technical Colleges

  • Bellevue College
  • Columbia Basin College
  • Olympic College
  • Wenatchee Valley College

Some institutions have specific additional requirements. Check with your advisor to be sure you are choosing the right courses for your pathway.

Loading Details from Catalog...

Prerequisite and Degree Courses

Grays Harbor College complies with all Federal and State rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a veteran.

This page is intended to summarize the requirements for degrees and certificates at Grays Harbor College. For complete requirements, please see the Academic Catalog.