Running Start Costs
Running Start is a great program due to its limited cost to the student. Students can earn college credit while attending high school without paying the full cost that a normal college student would pay.
- Student e-mail
- Student ID Card
- GHC Parking Permit
- Bus Passes
- Tuition for up to 15 credits per quarter (Excludes summer quarter and classes below 100 level)
- CPT Testing: $15 entire test, $5 dollars retests for each section
- Books: https://www.bookstore.ghc.edu/
- Fees: Average of $100 for a 5 credit class (2021-2022 academic year)
- Transportation: Free bus passes are available
Fee Waiver and Book Scholarship
If you are eligible for free or reduced hot lunch at your high school you may be eligible for a fee waiver and a fifty-percent off book scholarship. Bring in the eligibility documentation from your high school to see if you qualify.
If you receive free and reduced lunches, have guardians on Basic Food Assistance, and are enrolled in an eligible academic program you may qualify for additional assistance to cover the cost of your books, fees, and wrap around assistance including transportation and emergency assistance. For additional information or to apply for this assistance, please visit our Basic Food Education & Training Program (BFET) page.
Course fees vary depending on the class. For the 2019-2020 academic year fees are approximately $80 per 5 credit class.