Medical Assistant Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the Medical Assistant Program requirements, students will:
- The primary goal for the GHC Medical Assistant Program is to prepare competent entry-level Medical Assistants to enter the allied health workforce in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) domains necessary for performing administrative and clinical tasks in Physician clinics and offices.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will demonstrate professionalism in their appearance, job performance, and ability to work as team members.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will communicate effectively with a wide variety of patients from different age groups and cultures both verbally and in their legal documentation.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will successfully pass a nationally recognized Medical Assistant credentialing examination upon graduation.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will apply legal concepts within the scope of practice for Medical Assisting and Healthcare field.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will practice Medical Assisting according to AAMA Code of Ethics.
- The Medical Assistant graduate will use technology skills, including computer hardware and software, in the performance of clinical and administrative competencies.