Enrollment Procedures for New Students

A collage of three images, to the left a row of student's in happy disscussion, the middle a florally decorated graduation cap with the text "thank you to my family" in Spanish, and on the right a Welding student in protective gear working on a project.

Welcome to Grays Harbor College! We are glad that you are here. If you have never taken a credited class at Grays Harbor College before, you are considered a new student, even if you have been a student at a previous college. The steps to get started at Grays Harbor College are outlined on this page. If you have any questions, please call (360) 532-9020.

Apply for Admission

You can apply online for free. For assistance with completing your online application, we encourage you to contact our enrollment team at (360) 532-9020 or visit the Student Services Center on the second floor of the new 3000 Building.

Apply Now

Interested in receiving more information about GHC’s programs, upcoming events, financial aid, or something else? Please complete the short information request form and someone from our team will reach out to you.

Request Information

Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA/WASFA or other aid opportunities)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online. If you plan on applying for financial aid, you must complete the FAFSA.
Students who do not qualify for FAFSA because of immigration status are encouraged to apply for the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).

If you need assistance with your FAFSA or WASFA application, please contact Financial Aid at (360) 538-4081 or at finaid@ghc.edu.

(You do not need to apply for financial aid if you will not be requesting financial assistance).

Take the College Placement Test (CPT)

To ensure that test scores accurately represent your skills, you may wish to complete the College Placement Test (CPT) if you haven’t attended school for more than one year. Additional information about the CPT is available on the Placement Testing page or contact our college placement testing team at (360) 538-4099.

Entry Advising & Registration

You'll be advised and registered for classes during the entry advising process. For more information and to schedule your appointment, please visit the Student Support Center, which is located on the second floor of the new 3000 Building (on the Aberdeen campus). For more information about entry advising, please call (360) 538-4099.

If you’ve been accepted and have received a ctcLink student ID number, you may use our direct link to schedule an appointment using the student support appointment form.


If you have residency concerns, and have received an email regarding verification of residency, please email enrollment@ghc.edu. Every question and situation related to residency is unique. We will make sure to guide you through this process according to your specific situation.

Pay for College

Paying your tuition & fees can be done by phone at (360) 538-4040, online through ctcLink, or in-person with the cashier located in the 2000 building (third floor).

Attend New Student Orientation

Attending New Student Orientation prepares you for the first day of the quarter and puts you on the path to success. As a new student at Grays Harbor College, you might have questions. This quarterly event is designed to help you find answers to your questions, get to know campus, and learn about resources and support services.

To find out more about our next new student orientation experience and to register, please visit our New Student Orientation webpage.