Reverse Transfer

Make it Count

Earn your community college associate degree even if you already transferred. You earned it. You deserve it. So- make it official!

A degree is one way to show your achievements.  An associate degree — even after you’ve transferred from a community or technical college — helps build your resumé and puts you in a better position when you enter the job market.

Did You Transfer Before Earning an Associate Degree?

Adding an associate degree to your college transcript will help build your educational resumé, document applicable job qualifications, and provide you with the benefits and options associated with earning an associate in arts degree as part of the Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA).

Credits you earn at a public four-year college or university in Washington can be credited back to GHC to fulfill your GHC degree requirements. Transferring credit from a four-year institution does not interfere with the progress you are making toward a bachelor's degree. Instead, you will have your academic credits count towards both degrees!


  • Meet all degree and graduation requirements in effect during the year in which you started your program and within a seven-year period.
  • Complete a minimum of 25 college level credits at GHC
  • Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at GHC and your college/university
  • Be in good academic and financial standing with the GHC 


  1. Reapply as a returning student by filling out this Student Update Form and submitting it to On the form, indicate you are applying for reverse transfer and for which degree program.
  2. Request an official copy of your four-year college or university transcript to be sent to us. It can be mailed to GHC Enrollment Services, 1620 Edward P. Smith Dr., Aberdeen, WA 98520 or emailed to
  3. Apply for graduation. Depending on your credits, you may need to meet with an entry navigator to discuss additional courses/credits, or an alternate program to graduate.

For more information or to ask questions, please contact the Transfer Advisor and Counselor or the Director of Advising and Guided Pathways.