Early Achievers Grant
The Early Achievers Grant is a student financial aid program to help employed child care providers and early learning educators complete certificates and associate degrees in early childhood education.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Washington state resident or have a valid work visa.
- Be employed as a child care provider at a child care center, family child care business or Head Start/ECEAP program that is actively participating in the Department of Early Learning’s Early Achievers.
- Work a minimum of 10 hours a week or 40 hours a month at an eligible child care program.
- Have worked in the eligible program for a minimum of three months.
- Intend to enroll in an approved Early Childhood Education program at the college.
- Make a formal application to the college
- Submit the Workforce Funding and Support Program to the 800 building on campus including the EAG Employment Verification Form.
- Tuition and fees up to 52 credits to be used within four years.
- Required books and supplies up to $1,000
Students may also get:
- Career planning
- Loaned textbooks, calculators or laptops
- College success classes
- Emergency child care
- Emergency transportation
If you are submitting your application electronically you will be required to sign the document during your intake and orientation to the Workforce Funding and Support Programs Department. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Apply for Funding
For a printable version of the application, please download and complete our Workforce Funding Application. Once you've completed the application, email it to email@example.com . For questions call (360) 538-4058 Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.