The State Worker Retraining Program provides access to training and funding support to laid off, unemployed and dislocated workers in the State of Washington.
Am I Eligible?
- Facing a layoff and eligible to collect unemployment benefits.
- Currently collecting unemployment benefits.
- Exhausted unemployment benefits within past 48 months.
- Displaced Homemakers (dependent on income of another family member and no longer supported by that income).
- Self-employed and now unemployed.
- Honorably discharged veteran within the past 48 months.
- Active Duty Military with an official order of separation.
- Stop-Gap employment (temporary work accepted only because of layoff or termination due to no fault of your own).
- Tuition assistance
- Required textbooks and supplies for classes
- Educational planning and advising
Apply for Funding
To apply for workforce funding, please complete our Workforce Funding Application. Once you've completed the application, turn it in to the Workforce Funding and Support office in the 800 building.