Medical Records Assistant Program Outcomes
Students will demonstrate outcomes in each of the following areas:
Medical Records Office Assistant
After successfully completing the Medical Records Office Assistant requirements, students will:
- Demonstrate the ability to code and bill accurately, ethically and assertively.
- Accurately apply billing and coding principles to optimize reimbursement.
- Demonstrate the ability to research and explain insurance coverage to patients and their families.
- Handle all components of claims processing efficiently.
- Effectively manage patient accounts for billing.
- Accurately prepare claims for submission to insurance companies in hard copy and electronically.
- Enter demographic data accurately in various software programs.
- Effectively demonstrate professional behavior as needed in the workplace.
After successfully completing the communications requirement, students will:
- Demonstrate literal and inferential comprehension.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in appropriate contexts.
Students successfully completing the computation requirement, students will:
- Apply algebraic, analytic, geometric or statistical reasoning to solve abstract and applied problems appropriate to an individual discipline.
- Interpret mathematical, quantitative or symbolic models such as formulas, graphs and tables, and draw inferences from them.
- Employ basic symbolic or quantitative reasoning to support a position or conclusion.
- Calculate proper axle weights using the Federal bridge weight formula.
After successfully completing the human relations requirement, students will:
- Understand, articulate, and evaluate how various factors (e.g., social, personal/individual, historical, political, and economic) influence human behavior.
- Understand, articulate, and evaluate the applicability of significant theoretical perspectives (e.g., conflict theory, feminist theory, cognitive behavioral theory) as they relate to contemporary social issues.