Law/Ethics Substance Use Disorder
This course will cover the appropriate interaction between chemical dependency professionals and consumers of Substance Use Disorder(SUD).Ethical principles will be applied in a SUD Treatment context, and relevant WACs will be covered. Course meets the Washington State Department of Health (DOH) requirement for CDP Credential. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Understanding of the differences between professional counseling and sponsorship.
- Understanding of relapse warning signs.
- Understanding of contagion.
- Understanding of appropriate boundaries between counselors and consumers.
- Understanding of Professional Ethics.
- Understanding of the use and misuse of substances.
- Understanding of conflicts of interest.