Youth Chemical Dependency Assessment/Counseling
This course will focus on youth Substance Use Disorder Treatment and assessment. At-risk youth will be a particular focus along with family issues, assessment, and treament planning. 2 lecture hours. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Understand youth chemical dependency treatment concepts.
- Understand youth chemical dependency assessment.
- Understand the legal and ethical ramifications of youth chemical dependency treatment.
- Understand at risk behavior.
- Understand suicide risk in youth treatment.
- Understand how to work with youth and their parent figures.