A practical introduction to the basic elements, techniques, and principles of two-dimensional design with an emphasis on projects using line, shape, pattern, and interval in black and white. An exploration of visual language and creative problem solving. Develops skills and personal expression through studio projects, lectures, and critiques. 4 lecture hours; 2 studio hours. Satisfies humanities distribution area A requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
Recommended Preparation: ART& 100.
- analyzing and interpreting design problems and solutions
- creating design solutions that utilize technical understanding of different media
- utilizing vocabulary specific to the visual arts
- creating design solutions that utilize formal elements of art and design
- creating design solutions that utilize a developed craftsmanship in assigned media
- creating design solutions that utilize expressive and aesthetic elements