Principles of Marketing
Inquiry into the institutions engaged in the movement of goods and services from producers to consumers. Primary emphasis on basic marketing with a managerial approach. Required for business management. 5 lecture hours. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Prerequisites: READ 090; ENGL 095 or instructor permission.
- Analysis of the role of marketing within business and society
- Understand the importance of gaining insights about the marketplace and customers
- Identify the parts of the market that is served best and most profitably
- Exposure to marketing strategy: 4Ps, SWOT analysis, integrating the marketing plan, positioning to the competition, and capturing value from customers
- Identify the new-product development process and concerns in managing this process