Office Procedures and Ethics
This is a finishing course for students taking the office technology curriculum. Instruction and practice of office standards, routines, and procedures are given. Telephone/FAX usage, mail processing, email, communication, and human relations skills are included. 5 lecture hours. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Prerequisite: BTECH 113 and BA 140 or instructor permission.
- Develop an understanding of the responsibilities, professional image, appropriate job attitude(s), and interpersonal relationships of the administrative assistant.
- To develop skills in completing tasks commonly performed in an office setting; including, answering the telephone, faxing, using e-mail, and reprographics.
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work independently and as a member of an internal team.
- Be resourceful in obtaining, organizing, evaluating, and managing information.