Over the Road Driving
Students will gain knowledge and skills in the areas including, but not limited to, safety, spatial awareness, visual search, putting the vehicle in motion, shifting gears, cornering, uphill/downhill techniques and stopping; rural driving; hazard perception; and city driving. Extreme driving conditions will be discussed.
Prerequisites: Concurrent enrollment in CTM 101 or instructor permission. All CTM core courses must be completed with a grade of " C" or better.
- Demonstrate proper and safe driving techniques.
- Demonstrate proper and safe left and right turns.
- Demonstrate hazard perception knowledge.
- Obtain Class A CDL License with endorsements for doubles/ triples, tankers with no air brake restrictions.
- Demonstrate proper usage of mirrors.