Family Child Care
Learn the basics of home/family child care program management. Topics include: Licensing requirements; business management; relationship building; health, safety, & nutrition; guiding behavior and; promoting growth & development. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
- Describe strategies for complying with Family Childcare Minimum Licensing Requirements.
- Describe strategies for meeting the developmental needs and guiding the behavior of all children in multi-age groups.
- Identify strategies for family childcare business management including tax planning and record keeping.
- Create written documents, such as a contract and policy handbook, that facilitate communication between the provider and the families.
- Develop strategies for creating reciprocal, culturally responsive relationships with families.
- Articulate knowledge and skills that define Family Childcare Providers as professionals.