English Composition II
ENGL&102 is a continuation of writing and research skills practiced in ENGL&101 directed towards writing expository/argumentative and critical/analytical essays focusing on literature. Skills gained in this course should improve students' performance in such tasks as writing for various purposes and audiences, writing critically and analytically in a variety of settings and creating formal, written research projects. 5 lecture hours. Satisfies writing skills requirement for the AA degree.
Prerequisite: A grade of "C-" or better in ENGL& 101.
Upon completing English 102, students will be able to:
- Conduct an inquiry-based research process
- Analyze, synthesize, evaluate, interpret and integrate information from multiple credible sources.
- Produce evidence-backed arguments that demonstrate audience awareness.
- Document research using an appropriate academic format
- Engage and reflect upon a composing process, that includes inventing, drafting, participating in a feedback process, revising, and editing