English Composition II
ENGL&102 develops reading, writing, and critical thinking skills at the advanced level. Students will use a complete research process to find, analyze, evaluate and integrate information from texts to compose evidence-backed arguments that demonstrate audience awareness using appropriate writing conventions and academic source documentation. Satisfies writing skills requirement for the AA degree. 5 Lecture Hours.
Prerequisite: A grade of "C" or better in ENGL& 101.
Upon completing English 102, students will be able to:
- Conduct an inquiry-based research process
- Analyze, synthesize, evaluate, interpret and integrate information from multiple credible sources.
- Produce evidence-backed arguments that demonstrate audience awareness.
- Document research using an appropriate academic format
- Engage and reflect upon a composing process, that includes inventing, drafting, participating in a feedback process, revising, and editing