Pathology Diseases and Treatment
The etiology, systems, diagnostic procedures and treatment of common diseases in the following body systems will relate to the medical assistant and other ambulatory healthcare employees: digestive, blood & immune, musculoskeletal, urinary, reproductive, endocrine, nervous, and special senses. 5 theory hours. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Prerequisite: Completion of MEDAS 110 and MEDAS 111 with a grade of "B-" or higher.
- Compare structure and function of the human body across the life span
- Describe the normal function of each body system
- Identify common pathology related to each body system including:
- Analyze pathology for each body system including:
- diagnostic measures
- treatment modalities
- Define coaching a patient as it relates to:
- health maintenance
- disease prevention
- compliance with treatment plan
- community resources
- adaptations relevant to individual patient needs