Third class in sequence. Learn the fundamental skills of listening comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing. Develop an awareness of Spanish speaking countries and their cultures. Satisfies humanities distribution area E requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
Recommended Preparation: SPAN& 122
- acquire, recognize, and recall extensive Spanish vocabulary
- employ vocabulary and grammar effectively in creating Spanish conversation
- discover parallels among language patterns within Spanish and between Spanish and English
- analyze and apply various language paradigms
- critically examine and translate texts, assessing differences in vocabulary, usage, and grammar
- develop a perspective to view foreign cultures, languages, and customs