A lecture-lab course to build upon skills in WELD 110. This course promotes work habits and safe work practices. Training increases skills with oxy-fuel cutting and common manual and semi-automatic welding processes. 8 lecture hours; 16 lab hours. Vocational program course. May be used as a general elective in the AA degree.
Prerequisites: Placement in ENGL 060, READ 080, a grade of "B" or better in MATH 060 or placement in MATH 100 or BMCT score of 38 or higher. Instructor permission required.
To meet the course standards and demonstrate the ability to meet the outcomes expectation of this course, the welder will:
- Work safely in and around welding operations
- Demonstrate appropriate Workplace Behaviors
- Demonstrate professional and responsible personal conduct.
- Demonstrate ability to comply with organizational rules and policies.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge relevant to the industry in Technical Proficiency
- Access technical data from reference publications and charts.
- Measure accurately with a tape and scale.
- Perform basic mathematic calculations in relation to assignments.
- Set up and operate common manual and semi-automatic welding and cutting equipment.
- Apply fillet and groove welds without backing.