Student Government Now Hiring for 2023-24
Posted on: May, 10, 2023
Applications are available in the Student Life office, room 4134 A.
Student Government, also known as the Associated Students of Grays Harbor College (ASGHC), is now hiring for next school year! There are many paid positions open, including President, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Engagement, Vice President of Diversity, Vice President of Community Relations, and Vice President of Activities. These positions are paid with flexible hours (usually between $200 and $300 per week). In addition to being paid positions, other benefits of participating in Student Government include opportunities to:
- Build your resume,
- Grow and foster leadership, communication, teamwork, organization, and budgeting skills,
- Host fun events,
- Help create an engaging, welcoming, and exciting on-campus experience for all students,
- Set College policies and allocate funds for campus organizations.
If any of this interests you, please consider applying online here, or pick up an application in the Student Life office, room 4134A. The priority deadline is May 12, but applicationswill be accepted through June 16 or until all positions are filled.
In order to serve on ASGHC, there are some requirements to meet and maintain. These include:
- Once hired, fulfil the job description,
- Have and maintain a quarterly and cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher,
- Enroll in a minimum of 10 credits in the 2023-24 school year,
- Attend all scheduled meetings for the organization,
- Work a regular minimum of 12 hours a week during the academic quarter(s),
- Attend mandatory staff training during the three weeks leading up to fall quarter.