Accounting Program Outcomes
After successfully completing this program, students will:
- Possess the skills needed to secure entry-level employment in the accounting department of a variety of business and non-business organizations.
- Perform basic accounting functions, such as complete steps in the accounting cycle, prepare financial statements, or document transactions.
- Analyze individual components of financial statements.
- Use accounting information to make informed decisions about the operating performance, financial position, and tax liability of a company.
- Use accounting software.
- Demonstrate understanding of terminology related to accounting.
- Identify and use appropriate resources for problem solving.
- Receive, interpret, and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Interact effectively with individuals and groups.
- Be aware of ethical issues impacting accountants.
- Demonstrate knowledge of activities found in most organizations, such as marketing or management