Automotive Program Outcomes
After successfully completing this program, students will:
- Accomplish automotive repairs in all 8 areas of the automobile required by the ASE Standards.
- Utilize the proper basic shop equipment and tools needed to adequately complete repairs.
- Show exemplary behaviors while at work, following the protocol of a professional technician.
- Select the proper data from shop manuals and computer resources as required to complete repairs.
- Diagnose symptoms by combining and applying knowledge from multiple sources e.g. other technicians, IATN (information bank), the internet, passed experience, etc.
- Recognize, and avoid or resolve potentially hazardous situations related to automotive repair.
- Describe and write findings, repairs, parts, updates, modifications, and labor time on repair orders clearly and effectively to employer satisfaction.
- Present ideas and information in writing or verbally in a comprehensives manner to co-workers, employers, and customers.