Carpentry Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the requirements, students will:
- Construct the common elements of residential/commercial carpentry to building code standards.
- Complete the planning and investigation that is required for construction projects.
- Create scaled drawings of and estimations for construction projects.
- Identify, compute, and apply measurements from blueprints to construction projects.
- Identify and solve problems related to carpentry operations.
- Locate, select, and apply technical data from building code and manufacturer resources.
- Recognize and avoid or resolve potentially hazardous situations related to carpentry.
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviors.