Commercial Transportation Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the Commercial Truck Driving requirements, students will:
- Hold WA state endorsements for combination vehicles, tankers, doubles/triples, and also have the air brake restriction lifted from their license.
- Apply basic knowledge of pre-trip inspections, driving and backing.
- Apply proper logbook procedures and rules according to the FMCSR.
- Safely and properly couple and uncouple a tractor/trailer unit.
- Calculate proper axle weights using the Federal bridge weight formula.
- Properly adjust individual axle weights to comply with state and federal laws.
- Recognize, avoid, or resolve potentially hazardous situations related to truck driving.
- Safely operate a sit down counter balance (SDCB) forklift. 9. Demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviors.