Diesel Technology Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the Diesel requirements, students will:
- Trouble shoot and resolve equipment malfunctions and will repair to industry standards.
- Apply a logical assembly/repair process to repair projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to disassemble and assemble various components used in the Diesel Industry to manufactures standards.
- Select appropriate consumables and set up welding power-sources and wire-feeding units for common manual and semi-automatic welding operations (from related welding and diesel).
- Recognize and avoid or resolve potentially hazardous situations related to welding operations (from related welding and diesel).
- Diagnose and repair electrical components and wiring used in the Diesel Industry.
- Effectively use manufacturers’ manuals in the performance of their work.
- Determine the status of parts for reuse using manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Recognize potentially hazardous situations in the industrial workplace and will demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviors.