Natural Resources Program Outcomes
After successfully completing the core Natural Resource requirements, students will:
- Demonstrate field identification of regionally important plant species and their communities.
- Interpret how ecological relationships influence plant succession and biodiversity in forested ecosystems.
- Recognize silvicultural treatments used in the growing and culturing of trees.
- Explain how forest management practices are applied to forestland ownership within the context of multiple resource uses.
- Identify and solve problems in natural resources through the application of mensuration and/or remote sensing techniques while utilizing appropriate equipment.
- Differentiate harvest systems in relation to site and stand characteristics.
- Recognize and resolve potentially hazardous situations in the forested environment and related operations.
- Demonstrate appropriate workplace behaviors.