Resources for GHC Faculty & Staff
Grays Harbor College supports an integrated learning experience for students with disabilities by promoting an environment that is free from physical and attitudinal barriers. Please take the time to learn about the benefits of universal design to ensure that all instructional materials, including information provided for reference, is accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities.
- Accessibility FAQs (SBCTC) - Common questions when it comes to accessibility in higher education.
- Why Accessibility Matters (SBCTC) - Accessibility isn't simply about changing something for a person with a disability, it's an approach to instruction that benefits everyone.
- Access 101 (SBCTC comprehensive online course)
- Access 101 - STEM Edition
- E-learning Tutorials (GHC)
- General Accessibility Design Guidelines (Canvas)
- Accessibility in Canvas (SBCTC)
- 20 Tips for Instructors about Making Online Learning Courses Accessible (U.W.)
- Canvas VPAT (Canvas)
MS Office Accessibility
- Training (MS Office)
- Templates (MS Office)
- Make accessible content (MS Office)
- Cheatsheets (NCDAE)
- Accessibility capabilities in Office 365 (MS Office)
- Accessible Digital Documents (OCAD)
- Make your Word documents accessible (MS Office)
- Creating accessible documents in MS Word (U.W.)
- Creating accessible Word documents (SBCTC)
- Creating accessible documents (WebAIM)
- PDF Accessibility Overview (Adobe)
- Using the Acrobat Pro Accessibility Checker (Adobe)
- PDF Accessibility (WebAIM)
Save an accessible PDF in Office (MS Office Support)
- WAVE Evaluation (extension for Chrome browser)
- SiteImprove (extension for Chrome browser)
- Color Blind Web Page Filter (Toptal)
- Color Contrast Checker (WebAIM)
- Center for Universal Design in Education (U.W) - Helping educators apply universal design to all aspects of education.
- Web Accessibility Perspectives (videos) - Web accessibility is essential for people with disabilities and useful for all.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Overview: Introduces the international standard that defines requirements on how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities.