Introduction to Sociology
An introduction to the principles, concepts, theories and methods of the sociological perspective. Emphasis is placed upon relating sociological ideas to national, community, and individual levels. 5 theory hours. Satisfies social science distribution area C requirement or specified elective for the AA degree.
Prerequisites: COncurrent enrollment in ENGL 095 or placement in ENGL& 101, or instructor permission.
- Develop an understanding of the sociological perspective
- Develop an understanding of sociological methodology and theory
- Develop an understanding of stratification by group (i.e., race, ethnicity, orientation, gender, class)
- Develop an understanding of culture and social institutions
- Develop an understanding of social and physical world interdependence