Preparing for a Tutoring Session
In order to get the most from your time with a tutor, there are some things you should do to prepare.
- Attend class
- Take good notes
- Start on assigned work prior to tutoring
- Bring class materials (textbook, class notes, etc.) with you to tutoring
- Be prepared to discuss the following with your tutor
- What has been covered in class and the work you have done
- What do you understand
- What are you having difficulty with
- How the tutor can best help you this session
Please do not plan to have a tutor sit with you while you do your homework. This is not tutoring. If you aren't having difficulty with any material, your tutor can help you review previous material and/or preview what's coming up.