The Learning Center is a comfortable place to do your homework, meet with your study group, or use a computer.
Location and Hours
The Learning Center is located in the Academic Success Center (library building), room 1519 on the main (Aberdeen) campus. We are open Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Preparing for a Tutoring Session
In order to get the most from your time with a tutor, there are some things you should do to prepare.
- Attend class
- Take good notes
- Start on assigned work prior to tutoring
- Bring class materials (textbook, class notes, etc.) with you to tutoring
- Be prepared to discuss the following with your tutor
- What has been covered in class and the work you have done
- What do you understand
- What are you having difficulty with
- How the tutor can best help you this session
Please do not plan to have a tutor sit with you while you do your homework. This is not tutoring. If you aren't having difficulty with any material, your tutor can help you review previous material and/or preview what's coming up.
Drop-In Tutoring Summer Schedule
Location: Spellman Library, Room 1519
Thursday: 8:00 4:30
MONDAY: 8-12 & 12:30-4:30, Wesley / 9:30-1:30, Raven
TUESDAY: 8-12, Jenn / 9:30-12:30, Raven / 12-4, Kenny
WEDNESDAY: 8-10, Jenn / 9:30-11:30, Raven / 10-4, Kenny
THURSDAY: 8-12 & 12:30-4:30, Laurie / 9:30-11:30, Raven
COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
MATH 60, 70, 90, 95
MATH 141, 142 (PRE-CALCULUS)
MATH 146 (STATISTICS)
MATH 151 (CALCULUS)
TRANSITIONS SOCIAL STUDIES
ACCOUNTING 113, 114, 175